The Lodge was a pioneer in the provision of funding to endow a bed in the Prince Edward Island Hospital. On May 1, 1899 the Lodge voted to have each Craft Lodge provide $200 for the project. Grand Lodge defeated the proposal in 1900.

The harmony that prevailed between Victoria Lodge and St. John’s Lodge was severely tested in a development that began as an act of goodwill toward one of the most respected Masons in the City. The Morrison Affair arose in 1867 when St. John’s Lodge rescinded an 1858 motion that had granted Honorary Membership to W.Bro. John Morrison, a former Member and Past Master of the Lodge and the first Worshipful Master of Victoria Lodge. (See History of St. John’s Lodge) In the midst of the year-long controversy that ensued St. John’s Lodge moved its Lodge Room to Large’s Hall on Queen Street. The Morrison Affair was not resolved until February 1868 when both Lodges accepted the recommendations of a Joint Committee.

The records of Victoria Lodge point to a relatively large number of appeals by individual members against decisions of the Lodge and charges of unmasonic conduct within the membership over the first forty years. V.W.Bro. W.P. Doull PM noted in his History of the Lodge that in one year alone there were three appeals to Grand Lodge against decisions of the Worshipful Master. Bro. G. L. Bennett observed in his History that “in the Lodge at that time were many brethren who prided themselves in their knowledge of procedure and jurisprudence and furthermore, they evidently were men who didn’t appreciate being told their particular interpretation of the constitution or by-law was incorrect.” (Bennett, p. 10) The charges stemmed from a variety of actions. In 1862 a Brother who was the editor of a local newspaper was charged with publishing an article that was unmasonic. In considering the case the Lodge voiced its disapproval of such articles and “newspaper squabbles’ and cautioned the Brethren in writing and speaking to be careful and guarded in their language. In 1889 a charge of fraud was further complicated when the defendant received a Demit before the trial. In 1894 an Officer charged with language “unbecoming a Master Mason” avoided trial by issuing an apology. Multiple charges followed the election of Officers in December 1895. A senior Officer who failed to advance to the East charged several Brethren with “canvassing’ against him. Verdicts of “not guilty’ were issued after the several trials. Counsel for the plaintiff indicated his intention to appeal two of the cases to Grand Lodge. Although the several cases interrupted the work of the Lodge and challenged the harmony of the Brethren, the Lodge appeared to handle each charge openly and fairly using due process in an effort to resolve the concerns.