Hiram and Lebanon Lodge No. 3
In more recent years there have been several significant donations to the Temple and Lodge Room. W.Bro. George Lyle donated an electric organ for the Lodge Room in November, 1996. A Top Hat and Bowler Hat was donated by Mrs. Helen Mills in January 1997. In April, 1997 a new Gavel made by W.Bro. Marshall Callbeck was presented to M.W.Bro. Bruce Small, Grand Master, and through him to the Lodge. An ornamental Sword was donated by M.W.Bro. J. Bruce Small PGM in December 1998. New Collars with gold braid were acquired in 1998 on the initiative of W.Bro. Marshall Callbeck and the financial assistance of the Officers. In 1999 W.Bro Gordon Jenkins PM and W.Bro. Marshall Callbeck donated a beautiful cupboard for the storage of the Collars, Jewels and Aprons of the Lodge.
Seven members of Hiram and Lebanon Lodge have been elected as Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Prince Edward Island.
M.W. Bro. Henry Todd Begg (1930-31) was elected to the Grand East on June 25, 1930 and died on May 12, 1931. M.W.Bro. Begg visited all but one of the Craft Lodges during his abbreviated term. He advocated the practice of Dual Membership which came to fruition in 1934. The Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia convened a Special Communication in Stellarton, Nova Scotia for the burial of M.W.Bro. Begg with Masonic Honours.
M.W.Bro. Robert A. Gordon (1932-33) presided at the laying of the Corner Stone of the Prince Edward Island Hospital on Brighton Road on October 10, 1932. At the recommendation of M.W.Bro. Gordon an Honorary Past Grand Master Degree was conferred on M.W.Bro. Reginald V. Harris, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia. M.W.Bro. Gordon was an active researcher and prolific writer. His 1975 work, Freemasonry in Prince Edward Island, written for the Centennial of Grand Lodge, continues to be a highly valued resource for this Jurisdiction.
M.W.Bro. Donald Baker (1938-39) was proud to host a number of Officers from Grand Lodges in the British Isles and North America on July 15, 1938 as part of the Bicentenary of Freemasonry in Canada. M.W.Bro. Baker also led more than three hundred Freemasons in the Province in lining part of the route followed by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth during the Royal Visit on June 14, 1939. M.W.Bro. Baker participated in the Seventy-Fifth Anniversary Celebrations of Alexandra Lodge in August 1938. M.W.Bro. Baker and M.W.Bro. G. ElliottFull PGM attended the Installation of H.R.H., the Duke of Kent, as Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England on July 19, 1939.
M.W.Bro. Harry B. MacFarlane (1949-50) received a Petition from several Master Masons in Zetland Lodge for a Charter to form a Lodge in O’Leary to be known as Corinthian Lodge. M.W.Bro. MacFarlane was pleased to issue a Dispensation to the Brethren of his Mother Lodge to move their Charter to new quarters in the Baptist Church Hall on Church Street.
M.W.Bro. Wilfred S. Burns (1968-69) participated in the Centennial Celebrations at True Brothers Lodge on June 10, June 14 and June 15, 1969.
M.W.Bro. Roy E. Boates (1970-71) appointed a Publicity Committee to give newspaper coverage of each Grand Lodge Visitation and advance notice of future Visitations. M.W.Bro. Roy Boates was the first cousin of M.W.Bro. Randall B. Boates PGM
M.W.Bro. J. Bruce Small (1996-97) presented a Plaque to the Lodge that raised the most candidates during the year. Hiram and Lebanon Lodge was awarded the Plaque in 1996-97.