Saint Andrew’s and St. George’s Lodge No. 4
Montague, Prince Edward Island
December 7, 2019
Amalgamation: St. George’s Lodge No. 4 (established 1861) and Saint Andrew’s Lodge No. 13 (established 1884)
2020 Amalgamated Lodge No. 4 membership was 93 brethren
Meets 1st Monday at 7:30 pm in each month at the Masonic Lodge, 596 Main St. South, Montague (North side, across from Hillside Inn, near intersection with Wood Island Road.)
A History of St. George’s Lodge No. 4 – Est. 1861 (followed by a History of Saint Andrew’s Lodge No. 13 – Est. 1884)
This article is reprinted from The Pattern Set For Us: A History of the Concordant and Related Bodies of Freemasonry Past and Present on Prince Edward Island with the kind permission of the author, RW Bro. George Doughart, Grand Historian.
Lodge Minutes (The Minutes of April 1890 to March 1894 are missing)
One Hundredth Anniversary of St. George’s Lodge No. 4, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Georgetown, Prince Edward Island, September 17, 1961 by M.W.Bro. W.A. MacQuarrie PGM
Proceedings of the Grand Lodge of Prince Edward Island, A.F. & A.M.
On May 17, 1861 the Grand Lodge of England issued a Warrant for the constitution of a Lodge of Freemasons in Georgetown. The Warrant was in response to a Petition from nine Brethren who were Master Masons in one of the two Lodges in Charlottetown. The new Lodge was registered as St. George’s Lodge No. 1168 E.R. and was at that time the only Lodge of Freemasons east of Charlottetown. The Lodge was renumbered 866 E.R. in August 1863.